- This event has passed.
Call for Artists! Beyond the Box
August 21 - September 24
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
This Call For Submissions is for a Beyond The Box utility box mural event that will take place on October 18-20, 2019, with selected utility boxes located throughout the City of Glendale.
Artists may begin painting utility boxes on Friday, October 18, 2019. Painting and application of the final protective coating must be completed by Sunday, October 20, 2019. In the event of rain the dates will be rescheduled.
Application Guidelines & Deadline
To apply, please download the Utility Box Template and complete the online application found at the bottom of this webpage by 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, September 24, 2019. The online application can also be printed and returned by mail; it must be postmarked by 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, September 24, 2019. Mail to:
Beyond The Box Submissions
Library, Arts & Culture Department
222 East Harvard Street
Glendale CA 91205
Please be aware:
- Submission of an application does not guarantee selection or a right to paint.
- Once submitted, the application and any attachments become the property of the City of Glendale.
- The City of Glendale is not responsible for:
- Lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, or misdirected applications, videos, visual or sound files;
- Applications, videos, visual or sound files not received for any reason; or
- Server unavailability; or computer or other electronic malfunction.
For more information contact Ivonne Martinez via email or phone at 818-548-2030.